Saturday, July 26, 2008

The View From Here

I don't think I really appreciated the views at our home when we first looked at it. After all, it was November--cold and windy! I think I ran from the car to the house and from the house to the car. There was definitely no walking around outside in the cold and the mud.
Watching the sunshine on the prairie grass, the sunrises and sunsets, the rain blowing in, the snow falling...my own little 3 1/2 acres of contentment.

Can you tell I've been playing with the camera? I need to learn how to use it. Really learn how to use it, not just point and click. I thought this one was kinda nice.


Neighbors with horses! All of the enjoyment--none of the responsibility. If only one of the neighbors had a pool...
:)

3 comments:

Donna said...

I love the wide open spaces and rolling hills at your place, Kathy. And... I'm very VERY glad that you guys have a basement. #1... safe haven from the storms. #2 ... a place for Zoe to go for a bit of entertainment. Great photos!

Jenn said...

Yeah...a pool. Wouldn't it be nice to have a pool...

Cindy said...

Put the pool on the list. Perhaps that should be our next fundraiser (?!) Until then, I love your place as well. Very quiet and peaceful.