Saturday, July 19, 2008

There Be Toads!

We have toads here at Heeler Heaven. Lots of toads. I'm sure it has something to do with us leaving the outside lights on at night. I accidentally stepped on a toad once. I felt terrible. John had to finish him off.

One of us has to be on "toad watch" when we raise and lower the garage door at night so they don't hop into the garage. We're not always successful in keeping them out. Sometimes we find...toad jerky. Then I feel bad again.

There are big toads and little toads like this guy.
The dogs are fascinated with the toads. Sometimes Zoe licks the toads. You can tell because she foams at the mouth.
I don't think the toads are very bright. They jump into things and bonk their heads.
If you look closely, you can see a sphinx moth in front of the flower pot.
This guy has a slightly malformed back leg which makes him look like he's flipping us the bird. I've named him Fred. He let me pet him!
Sometimes we see the toads doing interesting things like eating bugs. Or this...
Yes, the entertainment value is high.
I should write a children's book based on the toads.
Hop, Toad, hop!
Look at the little toad.
See Zoe lick.
See Zoe foam.
Poor Zoe.
Poop, Toad, poop!
Toads are fun!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

What I want to know is just HOW LONG did you have to wait to get the pic of the toad pooping?!? Cracked me up. I think a book is in order.

Kathy said...

Actually, he was just there...pooping. It was like I was MEANT to get a picture of that!

Donna said...

It would be hard to get the little kids to pronounce Zoe correctly though... are you up to the challenge? Tooooooo funny!!!