Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Get Your Lighters Ready

Brodie had a concert the other night after participating in Rock Camp for the week. John and I arrived early and picked out a seat in the front row. There really was no danger of not being able to hear but we wanted to get some good pictures of Brodie on stage. I turned on the camera and the message read "NO MEMORY CARD."

Crap.

The show started out with a very young band. When I say very young, I mean some of the kids were like eight years old! One little guy was still carrying around his baby fat. It was so cute. And they rocked!

The next few bands were a bit older and had a little more experience. They also liked the volume on their amps turned up. Up. UP! Remember when I said we were sitting in the front row? Like right in front of the giant amplifiers. It made me think of the movie Spinal Tap when the fictious rockers were talking about their amps. "These go to eleven." I think these kids did have their amps on eleven.

Anyway.

Brodie's band was the last to play because they were the best. Of course. And they knew how to set their amps to a reasonable volume so we could enjoy the music, understand the words and stop bleeding from the ears.

They played three songs. I don't remember one of the songs, one was a Whitesnake tune and the other was Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd. Very cool.

The band has decided to stay together so they practiced Saturday morning. At 9:00 am. When you're 18, I think that means you're serious.

Here are some pictures of Brodie for your viewing enjoyment. Imagine him on stage. Please. And thank you.



2 comments:

Cindy said...

Way cool!!

Donna said...

ROCK ON, DUUUUUUDE!!! : )