Friday, July 11, 2008

I hope this makes Donna happy!






Donna has been quite persistent in encouraging me to create a blog. Well, here goes...

John and I had a really nice time in Wichita at the reception hosted by Architectural Digest and Subaru--sort of a pre-Antiques Roadshow event. Our hotel was lovely and right on the river. Jenn, we thought of you!

The shindig was nice--appetizers, cocktails, mingling with the appraisers. We met the executive producer, Marsha Bemko, who set us up with complimentary tickets for Saturday's event.

I had my picture taken with Mark Wahlberg, the host. What a cutie!

John has to work Saturday morning so we're still trying to decide if we'll both go or if I'll take a friend.

When we got home, we decided it was time for Pearl to meet the crew. It went pretty well.
Side note--I don't think the pictures are going exactly where I want them. I guess I'll figure out the details as I go!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Wow, I get to be the first commenter. Way to go Kathy! I think your pictures look great - I love the reverse one of the dogs checking out Pearl under the bureau. I think someone should have gotten a shot of you taking that picture (: Alas, as the last holdout now, I fear the attention to formulate a blog will shift to me - thanks a lot. I still own the old fashioned camera that takes - gasp - film!!

Donna said...

Yay. YAY. YAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!! : ) Yippee!! Thanks for sharing with us, Kathy. Your creatures are BEAUTIFUL! I love all of the photos on the side bar to the right. Just got back from a weekend out of town... doing a little laundry and just kicking back. ttys....

Donna said...

ps... yep, cindy... you're next. jenn got me started a year ago... the blog was my excuse to go out and get a digital camera!