Wednesday, July 16, 2008

It's a Little Freaky

My sister, Charlotte, got an Easy Bake Oven for Christmas one year. Our favorite was a little recipe called angel cookies.



Only she ever actually took the crumbly cookie dough and formed cookies. She just baked the crumbly stuff and it was so good! The smell--the taste!




And we ate it. Just like that! And since that's what my older sister did, that's the way I make angel cookies. Except I use a big girl pan and a real oven. Because I'm an adult.




I usually make angel cookies in the summer, on Christmas break, spring break...when I'm home with some extra time on my hands. It takes me right back to my childhood.

Notice the glass of milk is only half full. John drank it all when he ate all my PopTarts. Did I mention the fact I'm an adult?

Angel Cookies

Cream together:
1/4 c. shortening
2 T sugar
2 T brown sugar

Add:
1/2 c. flour
1/4 t. baking soda
dash of salt

Keep in mind--I don't actually expect anyone to make this recipe. Unless you're a little bit freaky. Like me.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

John says this has NUTHIN' to do with heelers. He's no fun at all!

Donna said...

What does he know? Next get-together... YOU should bring the angel cookies, Kathy-O!!! : )

Kathy said...

Did I mention they were just baked crumbs? Like the crumblies at Long John Silvers isn't fish or chicken??? You really want in on that?

Donna said...

yepper... strange how you didn't pick me, but i'm so much like family, eh? ; )