Here's a "before" picture from just last summer.
We have had a few drainage problems because of all the spring and summer rains. Who knew my flower bed would be muddy in mid-July! This is yarrow. Drought tolerant. It's supposed to be big, bushy, and topped with glorious bright yellow flowers. Yes, I said glorious!
I did manage to add more coneflowers this year.
John takes care of the mowing. He won't let me drive his lawn tractor. Something about me being bounced off the seat and the engine continually cutting out. And there's another problem. I can't really reach the pedals. Even with the seat moved all the way forward.
Apparently the doggies didn't like the heat so they found some shade. Aren't they adorable???
After the mowing and gardening, we went to a friend's house for dinner. How did you spend your Sunday?






3 comments:
LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!! Those little purple flowers are my fave. Saturday... I floated, sang, sunburned, had a beer (or two), enjoyed a good rainstorm, and laughed...A LOT. Looking forward to seeing you Friday...
You'd have thought someone posed them all lined up in a row like that, how funny!
Yep! Too funny! That's why I had to get a picture of them.
By the way, you two had to be quite determined to leave comments. I don't know where all that white space came from. =O
Post a Comment