When Mel first came here with June, it was like summer camp. He was so excited to be staying with his cousins, walking in the field and spending the night! Since June's death, every now and then, Mel goes into June's/Brodie's room, lays on the bed and sighs. I know he misses "Mama June" but most of the time he's smiling and being a good boy.
I took a picture of him last night because he was so cute. He's not really a demon dog but look at those eyes!
Jade is also doing well. If you remember, she meowed non-stop for the first few days she was here and made me seriously question the need for cats on this earth! She has settled down nicely and has become one of the family. You can usually find her in the middle of the action--perched on a dining room chair or the ledge along the stairs. She's even decided Pearl can stay and has stopped hissing at her. Hopefully she'll be accepting of Agnes when she's well and we can let her out of the office. She is sneezing less each day and I've been using fewer disinfecting wipes to clean up after her sneezes! Ewww!
Speaking of Agnes...I was thinking she was a little...shall we say...less gifted in the cranium than the other animals. It's because she is so cute. She just sits there and looks at me with those green & gold eyes. Well, I was wrong. She wanted in the closet and figured out how to open the doors.



3 comments:
you have some beautiful critters!!! mel's eyes are a little scary, though...
but his smile gives him away!
So glad they have adjusted so well. I'm not surprised as they are in such a peaceful environment with loving humans and animal buddies. I'm guessing June sends love and contentment to them so they know they are okay.
Post a Comment