I get to check a few more things off the list. First, I've secured three letters of reference--from my principal, superintendent, and former assistant superintendent. Hopefully the letters will be so impressive they'll lead to an interview and job! But I'm thinking about it this way...I really like my current job and district. My administrators are just incredible. So if I don't get a new job right away, it's not all bad.
We also got the ice maker fixed. Yeah! We're not big "ice" people--our beverages are usually straight from the fridge and already chilled. But there are some things that just need ice. Like Donna's bloody marys. :)
Speaking of Donna, we had a nice time today with a few friends. Donna, Ed, Beth, Gary, and Cindy came for a "Thanksmas" celebration. I'm not sure who coined that phrase but I'm going to use it! Was that you, Cindy?
Jenn got called in for extra duty and couldn't come for the festivities. We missed you Jenn!
Patsy's getting a bit better. She's supposed to go to rehab for a while when she gets out of the hospital. I'm not sure when she'll be...what's the word? Dismissed? Ejected? Released. That's it!
My friend Tom got to come home today. I called and he's sleeping. Imagine that. He's supposed to return to Mayo everyday for the next two or three weeks for more antibiotics. John and I are just glad he's on the road to recovery. Believe me, we both had a serious talk with Jesus about him!
Class is over. Oh wait...CLASS IS OVER!!! Yeah! I think I'm too tired to get extra excited about it right now. I think mostly I'm just relieved that the homework is done. We'll have a few meetings before I get to say I'm completely done and there are "field experience" requirements to finish. But the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter and brighter.
I suppose that's enough rambling for now. I think the rest of my weekend is going to include some sitting in the chair with a blanky and book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thanks again for having all of us. Your house seems like a second home to me and all of you much like a second family - like Beth said - without all the drama. A special connection for sure. Love you all!
I had THE BEST white elephant!!!!
ANd the guys at 17's really liked the cookies I'd made to bring.
Sorry I missed all the fun :-(
second family, indeed!! we love you guys... thanks for hosting kathy. i'm looking forward to lentil soup for lunch a couple of days this week!!! :-)
We're glad so many of you could come. Next time, Jenn!
And you all feel like family. Without the drama.
And without MRSA.
Jenn, John just read you had cookies to bring. He's extra bummed now you didn't make it. :)
Post a Comment