It's like a trail of bread crumbs. Except it's fur. Mel's fur. I know, I know...the other seven furry animals that live here might have a bit to do with it, too. But it's mostly Mel right now.
The fact that he has dry skin doesn't help matters. Yesterday, he seemed especially uncomfortable and scratched himself silly. So we made a special trip in town to buy Science Diet Sensitive Skin food. Like Patch used to eat. :)
And we also forked over big bucks for a Furminator. Several people have recommended it--Jenn included.
Zoe and I hope it helps!
4 comments:
Wow, that is a lot of fur. Maybe he needs some oil with his food? I was thinking like vitamin E?? Perhaps a call to the vet to ask what might help with the dry skin/excess fur shedding.
The Science Diet Sensitive Skin food is helping with the itching. It worked miracles with Patch--when we first got him he couldn't walk across the room without stopping to scratch. Poor thing.
Mel has always left wads of dark fur on the carpet but never this much. I'll definitely call the vet if this keeps up!
Give him a hug for me. June needs to send some good ju-ju from the great beyond!
oy!!! give mel a scritch and some love from me, kathy. glad to hear that the food is helping...
Post a Comment