
He got neutered.
And de-wormed.
And treated for ear mites and fleas.
And got all his shots.
And his bite wounds cleaned.
The two households have very different philosophies on pet ownership. I won't say any more about that.

Static and I had a conversation about his life expectancy suddenly increasing about fifteen or twenty years. And how he could live here and we would feed him and love him and nobody would pick on him anymore.
Except maybe Zoe and Jade a little bit.
So when he gets a few weeks of Science Diet in him and his fur grows back behind his ears and over his bite wounds, he'll be a handsome boy. Right now he looks a little bit ragged but he's a very good cat.
And a lucky cat, I might add.
I've decided to call him Joe because I call Brodie "Mumbly Joe." (Anyone who has had any contact with a teenage boy knows why Mumbly Joe is appropriate.)
I figure the size of the vet bill gives me the right to call the cat anything I want. Within reason, of course!
For those of you who are keeping track:
3 dogs
4 cats
1 guinea pig
We now qualify for the vet's multiple pet discount. I am not kidding.
7 comments:
You are now officially crazier than I am.
May I recomend one thing...the furminator.
And candles.
And incense.
And stock in Science Diet...and kitty litter.
Joe is a handsome boy...don't let those girls push him around.
I'll be interested to hear your take on the difference between male and female cats...as a general rule I like boys better. (except Snick)
Well, welcome to the family Joe. He is a lucky boy indeed. I bet Zoe is in cat heaven and also a little confused - which one do I follow??
welcome joe! just a few questions... (1) has brodie ever thrown up on you (ala first or third grader); (2) who is the alpha of each species?; and (3) who is the alpha of alphas?
Brodie has never thrown up on me because I take defensive maneuvers. The minute a little one says they don't feel well, I turn them around and point them away from me. You can feel the forehead, bend close to talk softly into their ear. They get comforted and you're not in the blast zone.
I've never been thrown up on by anyone. Knock on wood. A bit of spit-up from various babies but that doesn't really count.
Zoe's alpha of the doggies. She's the bossiest and most willing to get into it.
Jade's alpha of the kitties. She's the biggest and was here first! I tell her and Zoe both...I loved you first.
Makes them feel special!
John's the alpha of the alphas! They all listen to him. Except the cats. They do what they want. That's typical cat behavior, isn't it?
The physics of proximity is an important study... sounds as though you are well-seasoned! I didn't even think of John being the alpha of alphas... tooooo funny! But I suppose he is. I'm glad (and not a bit surprised) that Jade is the Kitty Alpha...
Cute animals you have! :) As for Hank...he was adopted from the shelter. They think he has some Pit Bull in him because of the shape of his head but he has a much smaller, leaner body....some people have also said maybe he has some cowdog (don't know what the appropriate breed name would be) in him. He is certainly a beautiful color. I just love the orangey color in his coat. He is actually coming over to play with my girl Nala tonight. :) Hope you have a great night!
Aww...poor baby kitty! I got sad reading your post about Static Joe. Anyway...about the 101, it might take me that long to make the stinkin' list. We'll see, but I'm at least making the list! It's a start, right?!?
Post a Comment