We've been thinking about getting a treadmill for a while. This country living is great, until you think about walking--gravel, dust, lack of sidewalks, dogs off leash--just a few excuses I've used in the past. All very legitimate, I think.
Anyway, John and I bought a True treadmill yesterday. Yeah! It will go in the basement and we will both be able to use it whenever we want. Like when it's 105 degrees outside or 25 below. Or when the dust off the gravel road is enough to choke you to death.
There were other reasons that nudged us in this direction. Like Patrick's heart attack. And my doctor telling me he thinks I have a bit of arthritis in my hip. And hearing friends talk about biking or rowing. And looking at my skinny exercise-loving friend who just had her second baby in as many years!
Since Johnny is a big boy (and I say that with LOVE in my heart) the treadmill selection was naturally narrowed down for us. We settled on a heavy duty model with an extra big walking/running surface.
So when it's delivered and set up Thursday, we'll probably argue about who gets to try it out first. Hopefully we'll both be as eager to use it six months from now!
Maybe I'll tape the receipt to the machine in a prominent location. There's my motivation!
Okay, now I need to go buy tennis shoes. Can you believe I don't own a decent pair?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Good for you both!! My summer project includes getting all the stuff piled on top of my Bowflex unpiled so I can actually use it too. There is a joke among those who have seen that I own a Bowflex about WHY it doesn't get used. I'm not even going to tell you all how long I have had it, it's embarassing. But I STILL have the intention to use it. Time will continue to tell.
Cool...now you'll be ready when Donna and I drag the two of you out on a bike ride in October...hint, hint...
We rode this morning...it was like, 200 degrees!
Yay for you! That was our mentality when we bought an elliptical machine. Needless to say, it is not regularly used. But as long as you get into a routine of exercising, it should come easily. My problem with using our machine was my ADD...I get freakin' bored! ;o)
AWESOME! I have some friends that are sort of treadmill junkies... and they are very adamant about buying the service package and having regular maintenance done on their treadmill... Did yo uget the package that goes with it?
ps... and when you need a rest, you can get off and stare into the sump pump hole with zoe!!! :D
The treadmill has a very good warranty already so we did not buy an extended warranty or service package.
Cindy, Amber--dust 'em off and get 'em going!
I'm sure Zoe will be staring into the hole while I'm exercising. I do have terrible visions of the cats getting caught in the belt of the treadmill and getting sucked under the machine.
MEOW!
Post a Comment