Last year it was spectacular!

Hardy. Beautiful. Fragrant. I think it's my favorite perennial.
The Meadow Sage does really well, too. It needs to be dead-headed to encourage more flowers later in the season. This particular variety is May Night.
I used to have three plants in this location. One didn't make it. It was a combination of that really hard freeze we had a year or two ago and varmints. I'm trying to combat them naturally. Since we have lots of nosy puppies, I refuse to put down poison.
I've also nixed the idea of a trap with a spike and hooking a garden hose to the tailpipe of the car. Thanks for the suggestions, but I'll pass.
I must admit, I have considered asking my neighbor to borrow their rat terrier for a day or two!
The varmint has since moved on to greener pastures but I'm sure somebody will be back one of these days.
This is Magnus Echinacea. Purple Coneflower. Believe it or not, they have not done well. I'm hoping this year will be different.
Here's another variety of conflower--Tennessee conflower. It's a hybrid. It hasn't done well either. Hmmm...I wonder if it's me! Conflowers are supposed to be "no-brainers" in the flower world!
We haven't had much luck with Clematis either. Freezing temperatures. Varmints. No wonder this guy is looking so puny.
No comments:
Post a Comment