Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Annuals

I don't plant very many annuals. The thought of only having one growing season just doesn't seem right.



I planted rosemary again this year. I love the smell and keep it close to the front door so I can enjoy the fragrance.

In warmer climates, it can be grown as a perennial. Here, it just gets too cold. I managed to keep one alive one year through the Christmas holidays. It was sheltered on the front porch and got plenty of warm afternoon sun. October, November, and December were very mild.

I used sprigs of rosemary and red ribbons to decorate a few Christmas gifts that year. I went all "Martha Stewart" and impressed even myself!

June gave me the gorgeous flower pot the rosemary is in for my birthday one year...I think my 39th. The accompanying card said "a little pot for your birthday." I love it and hope it lasts forever!



I planted Shock Wave petunias this year. The flowers are smaller than the Tidal Wave or Ride the Wave petunias. They don't look very good right now. I hope they perk up a bit.

I love the bright pink against the turquoise flower pots. I think those are even Martha Stewart pots!



I'm trying impatiens on the porch where they will get plenty of shade. Mary and St. Francis will watch over them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea, Jesus and Joeseph went fishing...

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I meant Joseph...Like Jesus, Mary and Joseph, get it..