Or something like that.
Did everyone vote today?
Tell us about it.
Not who you voted for unless you feel the need. But the other stuff.
How did it go? Did you go early? Were there long lines? Were there hanging chads? Are you going to watch all the gory details on tv? Maybe online? Did you get an "I VOTED" sticker? Did you wear your sticker?
I'm watching. And wearing my sticker.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I voted last Thursday on the way home from work. 30 minutes from the time I got out of my car to the time I got back in it... not a bad deal compared to what the lines will be like today.
There was a great *little oldish lady* at the head of the check-in line... whenever a new voter would come through, she would make a big scene in her *little oldish lady way* and say... "Ladies and Gentleman, would you believe... another first time voter!!!" and everyone in line would applaud.
Gotta love a democracy. Two parties hardly seems enough with the diversity in the world today though...
I stood in line this morning from 6:15ish to almost 7:30 before I got to vote. A total of 8 portable tables/booths. In the age of computer-wizardry, I am amazed that the voting process is soooo outdated. Pencils and paper would have been faster. Oh well. Got a sticker. Wore my sticker. Will be watching tonight. Hoping to be dancing in the street tomorrow.
I waited in line for 35-40 minutes. There was ONE little old lady with the official three ring binder who looked up names and took signatures. I really wanted to drive to Walmart, buy another binder or two, set up an A-M line, a N-Z line, and reorganize the whole shebang.
Funny, they didn't look like they wanted my input so I stayed quiet. :)
Did you hear about the wet voters in Virginia who dripped on their ballots? The ballots won't scan until they dry out. Too funny.
Yeah for good weather here!
Can't wait to watch the returns tonight. :)
One word--ANNOYING! The old folks working at my precinct were incompetent, for the most part. I got there 20 minutes before polls opened, waited in line behind about 30 other people, then didn't get out of there until 7:20. But at least I voted! :o)
Post a Comment