Friday, April 10, 2009

Can I Get It All Done?

I'll be going to Washington D.C. for the national math conference later this month. I am bound and determined to get all my homework finished before I go so I can relax and have fun.

We'll have some time for sightseeing but haven't planned everyday. We're going to play some of it by ear but we know we want to see some monuments and just enjoy the city.

We bought tickets to see Ravi Shankar, the sitar player who hung out with the Beatles. He performs with his daughter, Anoushka. (His other daughter is Nora Jones.) They are at the Kennedy Center and we're going to eat dinner there at the fancy restaurant after the show. That's our one big splurge so far!

For those of you who were wondering...national math conference...that's 15,000 math teachers running around in comfortable shoes. You can actually spot them around town--tote bags and all. Yes, I'm one of them!

But we're certainly not as crazy as those international reading conference goers.

(Amber!)

I'm hoping for a surprise Obama appearance but that might be asking for a little too much. I think he's kind of busy.

4 comments:

Donna said...

Strolling the streets of Washington with 15,000 math teachers. Just how lucky could one get? :-) You probably all carry a pocket abacus, too... right? Have a great time, Kathy. It will be tough getting everything done before you leave, but well worth the effort!

Kathy said...

My pocket abacus is at the cleaners. I'll have to remember to pick it up before I go so I can figure the tip after dinner!

Amber said...

Ha ha ha...same situation, different city and topic! I was frankly embarassed to carry around the tote bag and wear the badge that screamed, "I'm a tourist! Rob me!"

Cindy said...

But if he (Obama) wasn't so busy, I'm sure he would love to spend some time with a big group of math teachers (: