Sunday, April 5, 2009

Broccoli Salad

That cookbook my mother gave me really comes in handy sometimes!

I really liked the broccoli salad recipe although there seemed to be a lot of extra dressing. I thought, why let it go to waste? So I pulled the leftovers out of the fridge and doctored it up a bit by adding grilled chicken, peppers and onions. I also added chopped celery and more raisins. Yum!

I think it would also be really good with grapes and pecans, too. How about as a wrap? Or on a bed of salad greens?

John's not too interested in trying it. Lucky me!


Broccoli Salad

1 c. mayo
1/3 to 1/2 c. sugar
2 T vinegar
1/2 c. raisins
chopped broccoli
1/2 red onion, choppped
bacon bits

Like I mentioned above, there seemed to be an abundance of dressing so the amount of mayo, sugar and vinegar could be adjusted. I used a bit less sugar than this recipe called for and thought it was sweet enough.

fyi--John just walked into the room and asked me if I ate my stinky salad. hee hee! I'm glad he doesn't know how good it tastes. More for me!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

YUMM-O! Thanks for sharing. So many possibilities.......

Jim Berrong said...

i can't get that salad out of my mind. am i really a sugar junky masking my need by calling it broccoli salad? Am I in denial?

Jim Berrong said...
This comment has been removed by the author.