It's not that I'm afraid of needles or anything because I'm not. But the thought of one going into my neck. Ewww!
My doctor thinks I may have Hashimoto's Disease. Here's a lovely link:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hashimotos-disease/DS00567/DSECTION=symptoms
I had some blood drawn yesterday for thyroid functioning so we won't know for sure until those results are back. Basically it means my thyroid may be on a slow burn-out. I might have to take meds or have surgery one day.
He also gave me a couple sample packs for migraine medicine. We discussed whether or not I should be on some sort of preventitive--you know--take a pill every day. Although my recent symptoms were pretty freaky and I don't want it to happen again, I don't think I need to be on a preventitive. We can always go there if the frequency increases.
So that's that. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
never a dull moment, eh? i've never heard of hashimoto's disease... over-achieving again, are you?
So glad to hear this! I've been thinking about you... :o)
I'd never heard of Hashimoto's disease either - who you been kissin' girl?!?!?!?! Seriously tho, it sounds like hypothyroidism, which if treated is no big deal. I've been on Synthroid for years now and it's perfectly controlled. Lots of women have hypothyroid. You can deal with it, trust me.
Post a Comment