We didn't visit the craft aisles.
Or the yarn aisles.
We saw some "big-ass" chickens.
But the real reason we went to Hobby Lobby was to frame a few things...the Irish cemetery photograph June bought at the art fair, a Japanese woodblock print that also belonged to June, and a beautiful poster John and I bought. It shows an absolutely stunning view of the Flint Hills. A National Geographic photographer did a story on the Flint Hills and we went to an exhibition of the photos in Manhattan a summer or two ago.
http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2007/04/tallgrass-prairie/klinkenborg-text
So we'll have a few new things to hang on the walls and I can cross a few things off my list.
Woo Hoo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
sounds like a productive weekend, kathy! i've got a framing project on my list, too... i'm considering your post inspiration for getting me moving!
If you like that type of landscape photography, you will love this. My friend Dan is a photographer (he did our wedding pics, but he's more of an artistic photographer). He has tons of shots of Kansas landscapes that I absolutely love.
http://www.danielwcoburn.com/
Post a Comment