Wednesday, January 14, 2009

So Now I Have This Interview...

For an assistant principal position in a neighboring district. They have some excellent in-house candidates so it might just be good interview practice.

But it still makes me a bit nervous.

I think it falls into the category of..."Be careful what you ask for. You just might get it."

The thought of a new job is exciting, especially if it comes with a pay raise! But leaving my current district does not excite me.

I absolutely love working for my current administrators. All three of them are top-notch. And THAT is so important to me at this point in my career. Who do I work for? Who do I answer to?

It's a quality of life issue.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

I think you just answered your own question to some extent. LOTS of things to consider before you make a move. Being happy in the long run is so much more valuable than the temptation of more money. I made a couple of job changes in the last few years and June was such a good person to discuss all the pros and cons with. I will never forget how she would say, "Well, lets just wait a hot minute here....."

At any rate. The interview will be good practice no matter what. And who knows, maybe you will be pleasantly surprised with who you meet and what you find out.

Donna said...

Well said, Cindy! Interview = Practice ... and you just might be pleasantly surprised. The BEST thing is that you are not under the gun. You have a good job with which you are very happy. you have the LUXURY of having time to seek knowledge and consider your options...

Jim Berrong said...

Cindy, Donna and June via Cindy said it all.
Quality of life is the bottom line. But, by interviewing who knows, you may find a better quality of life is waiting for you. Best wishes and blessings as you find out. Keep me posted.

Amber said...

Wow! An interview!! You'll have to let me know how it goes! :o)